This week has been taken up with completing a backpack that I was asked to make for somebody to give as a present. The fabric used is an Orla Kiely design in grey and is quite muted. The pattern I used is the Savannah backpack but I have added a few modifications of my own – I added 2 side pockets with magnetic closures. I have moved the exterior zipped pocket from the back of the pack to the front underneath the flap but the pack could have both. For a walking backpack elasticated side pockets would probably be more useful. The interior has one zipped pocket and a divided open pocket. The main body closure is a drawstring finished off with wooden beads. Having made this pattern up a couple of times now it wasn’t difficult – the most time-consuming part was ensuring that the pattern was centrally placed, even on the base, for a better aesthetic. Overall I am very pleased with the outside and satisfied with the interior.