After the backpack that I made to order last week, this week I have focused on making one for myself. Harder to pattern match without wasting lots of fabric but I have managed to pattern – match pretty well on all individual panels. I used a pattern that I have used before but have added lots of extras – a large front pocket with a buckle fastener (easily large enough for a map), side pockets large enough to take a flask or a zoom lens, lots of interior pockets, including a hidden zipped one and clip hooks for keys etc., and a foam insert for the back to make it more comfortable to carry. I put in eyelets so that I could have a drawstring all the way round. This works really well but they were a nightmare to insert and I think I need to invest in a hole punching machine. The blue carry handle and holder for clip fasteners are just it give it a lift and are a bit different from the usual black. I’m going to spray it with waterproofing and am looking forward to taking it out for a proper walk soon.